Prepare Panels for Shipping
In order to work with us, you MUST follow our packing instructions as written below.
Before panels are to be received, we MUST have photos of each Packed pallet of panels (Skids) ready for shipping.
Please follow these steps below. Our customer service rep will help you through this process with questions or concerns. If your company does not have proper packing materials, we can provide this at a cost of $50 per pallet packaging kit.
- Solar panels should be prepared for shipping on proper size solar panel pallets. Use heavy-duty wooden pallet(s) of the correct size. The pallet MUST be the same size or larger than the panel in length and width. DO NOT use pallets where the panels hang over the edges, because this breaks the panels.
- Remove any grounding screws or grounding wires on frames. DO NOT CUT interconnection wires, cables or plugs.
- Stack panels flat, squarely on the pallet. Lay first panel glass side up. Lay second panel glass side down, and repeat. Stack no higher than 36 inches. Typically, we advise to ship only 20-30 solar panels per pallet.
- Place cardboard or plastic corner protectors on the corners of the panels to avoid shifting during shipping. Cardboard corners are available at UPS stores nationwide. Regular cardboard also works fine, if prefab cardboard corners are unavailable.
- Band solar panels together with strapping/banding material. This will be the first point of securing panels to pallet. (1” ratchet strapping is available at Harbor Freight)
- Shrink-wrap the entire pallet of solar panels in plastic wrap, to help secure solar panels to pallet. (Shrink wrap is available at Staples or Walmart)
- Once the panels are packaged properly, please provide us with the number of panels on each pallet, along with the measurements (length, width, height of each stack of panels including the pallet)
- Please provide us with photos of each ready-to-ship pallet of panels.
- We will provide a bill of lading (BOL) to you for the solar panels to be dispatched to our facility.
- DO NOT SHIP ANYTHING TO US WITHOUT OUR PRIOR APPROVAL. SOLAR PANELS DELIVERED TO US WITHOUT OUR PRIOR APPROVAL WILL BE RETURNED TO YOU AT YOUR EXPENSE.